Snoring maybe normal, but it is more than just an annoying. Snoring can be a symptom of a serious health conditions like heart disease.
Symptoms of serious snoring problems:
- Periodically stop breathing for a couple seconds at a time
- Volume of snoring is a sign that your body is working really hard to get sufficient oxygen
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
Sleep Apnea can be easily assessed by either an overnight sleep study in your home or in a sleep apnea clinic.
You may want to try some lifestyle changes if you are not ready to try a sleep study.
Lifestyle changes that may help sleep apnea include:
- Losing weight
- Not sleeping on your back
- CPAP machine
- Avoid alcohol or drugs that relax your nervous system
- Quit smoking. It’s proven that stopping smoking immediately makes it easier for a person to breath better.
While many people do snore, heavy or severe snoring isn’t part of a healthy sleep pattern. In fact, it may be an indication of serious health consequences in the future.
If you have questions on Sleep apnea please don’t hesitate to email us here, or give us a call: (303) 955-4848