1. Store in case provided when not in use.
2. Wash orthotics with non-toxic soap or denture cleaner and brush.
3. DO NOT soak in or clean with abrasive, damaging products such as: mouthwash, rubbing alcohol, peroxide or toothpaste.
4. Brush Frequently. Brushing after each meal is recommended since your tongue is unable to remove food particles from under the orthotic. Meticulous oral hygiene is necessary to avoid tooth decay, gum disease or related dental problems. Please ask us for guidance if you are unsure how to clean your teeth sufficiently.
5. It is normal to have more saliva, difficulty speaking and tongue biting in the beginning. Your body will accommodate to the orthotic in 10-14 days and these symptoms typically subside.
6. It is common to experience new soreness in the temples, neck or other areas such as tooth achiness and sensitivity. Please contact us if this does not subside within 5-7 days.
7. KEEP AWAY FROM PETS! They love to chew on them and this will result in damage that you are responsible for replacing.
8. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT! Do not leave in the hot car, put in microwave, dishwasher or boiling water.
9. DO NOT leave in car or in luggage! They can melt in the heat and shatter in the cold. Keep your orthotic in your purse or carry on luggage to assure temperature is safe.